Aquaponic System Design
AQUAPONIC SYSTEM DESIGN
The idea of raising fish and vegetables in a symbiotic relationship is nothing new in nature, but for man to harness the science of an aquaponic system is very new in deed. For those of you that lack time and or the know how to create backyard aquaponics, here are a few beginner aquaponic system designs to begin with. I guess you need to design your aquaponic system with end result in mind. This means, do you want to be able to expand your project each year? If so, then you want to make it easy to expand it and think where you will be placing your new tanks. Do you have enough filtration? You may want to over kill your filtration as you can never, never have too much filtration. But, you can have too little filtration and that will end in a disaster or a ton of work for you always trying to beat down your ammonia spikes. If you were raising little tropic fish like guppies, then a little hang on filter will work fine for you, however when you load a 75 gallon tank with 5 adult sized Tilapia, then you have a heavier load of fish to keep. Your DIY aquaponic systems should include your gravel bed which will help filter all of your water providing you have adequate plants to remove the waste in your water. We have located a few aquaponic system design for you to take a look at. They are all able to be connected together to for a series or tanks to grow vegetables and raise fish together.
Stealth Hydroponics Dual Spectrum Bubbleponics® Complete Kit
You can use this DIY aquaponic system design by hooking it up to an aquarium and you can have your own mini eco-system.
- Deep Water Culture systems are an excellent way to grow hydroponically while cutting your costs.
- In a DWC system the roots lie in a constantly aerated nutrient solution. It is the perfect system for beginners to learn the art of hydroponics.
- Provides a 4 gallon reservoir of nutrient solution. The tight lid houses four strong and flexible 4 in net pots.
- A durable air pump and ceramic airstone infuse the nutrient solution with tiny life giving bubbles.
- Our downloadable PDF File helps you get growing quickly and efficiently. A nice beginner DIY aquaponic systems
- Learn how to build your own aquaponic system design
- AquaBundance SpaceSaver is a compact, attractive aquaponic system design that is equally comfortable both outside and inside.
- The Grow Bed: Extra thick 1/4″ food safe, UV protected PE plastic designed to never bow under the heat and weight of outdoor aquaponic gardening.
- The Self-Aerating Fish Tank:19″ deep, 43″ long by 22″ wide, supporting approximately 60 gallons of water.
- The Rolling Table: 1.5″, 14 gauge powder coated black square steel tubing Partially welded, the rest is easily assembled with heavy duty bolts and lock-nuts (included) 33″ high, 50″ long, and 34″ wide
- Includes:Digital tank thermometer, 400 GPH Pump, Timer, API Master Test Kit, Small Fish-less Cycling Kit, Aquaponics Explained Video
is a compact, attractive DIY aquaponic system that is equally comfortable both outside and inside. Designed for Year-Round Gardening No width greater than 28″- fits through all exterior doorways Handles and castors on the table, and handles on the fish tank and grow bed for easy for lifting and transporting. 7.5 cubic feet of plant growing space. Designed for Durability Rotational molded 1/4″ thick, UV-protected, food-safe PE plastic – will not bow with heat and weight. 1 1/2″, 14-gauge, powder-coated square steel tubing. Black, furniture-grade PVC won’t break down in outdoor heat. Made entirely in the USA. The Grow Bed Extra thick 1/4″ food safe, UV protected PE plastic designed to never bow under the heat and weight of outdoor aquaponic gardening. 12″ deep, 44″ long by 28″ wide, giving approximately 7.5 sq ft of growing space when you subtract the area for the Media Guard Includes Media Guard, designed to accept both Flood and Drain and Siphon plumbing fixtures Features grip handles at either end large enough to fit two adult hands Lip at 1.5″ below the top rim to indicate the “dry zone” The Self-Aerating Fish Tank Extra thick 1/4″ food safe, UV protected PE plastic designed to never bow under the heat and weight of outdoor aquaponic gardening. 19″ deep, 43″ long by 22″ wide, supporting approximately 60 gallons of water. This aquaponic design
, includes a 400 gallon per hour, 45 watt pump. Includes black, furniture grade PVC plumbing and fittings, with aeration holes for extra oxygenation in the fish tank. Includes 3/4″ flexible vinyl black tubing to connect to the grow bed fittings with extra length so the tank can either be directly under the bed or not. Features grip handles at either end large enough to fit two adult hands Digital tank thermometer 400 GPH Pump Timer API Master Test Kit Small Fish-less Cycling Kit Aquaponics Explained Video. Editor’s note; This a good start up aquaponic system for the novice gardener. Once you have established your knowledge in this system, you will want to grow into a larger aquaponic system design
. check out the one below!
Biogarden 3 Level Dual Aquaponics System
- Commercial scale aquaponics system
- Great for serious growers looking for business opportunity
- Great way to grow food while raising fish
- Another great item from Flora Hydroponics
Biogarden 3 Level Dual 20′ Seven (7) grow beds and two (2) twenty (20) foot tanks for optimal space use.
The Biogarden® Dual 20′ with seven (7) grow beds is a modular, soil-less growing system with a single tank for fish, liquid nutrients and or water storage below. The is a scalable, self contained, small commercial food farm simplifies the growing process and does so with great efficiency.
A wide range of plants and fish can be raised in the Biogarden® by taking an aquaponics approach. Or with bioponics, a more simple process can be engaged by cycling nutrients from food scraps and grass clippings thereby inviting the efficiencies of natural ecosystems to the growing process.
Bioponics is the best hope for achieving full sustainability whether practicing as single family gardener or as a large scale commercial agriculture organization. Enjoy the dynamic of creating a natural balance among plants and fish as your Biogarden® transforms organic matter into energy, nourishment and perpetual life.
Grow Table Area: 140 Square Feet
Tank Volume: 420 gal.
Soil-less Options: Aquaponics, Bioponics, Hydroponics
Grow Methods: Flood and Drain, Nutrient Film Technique
Yields: Plants, Fish, Crustaceans, Liquid Fertilizer